Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Quest For Mary Jane's

I have this facination with Mary Jane's.  They are my favorite shoe.  I think it's a combination of the visual appearance, youthfulness, and a through back to the 40's that keeps me facinated with these shoes.

I was reading about how the name Mary Jane came about. They say it came from a character in the Buster Brown comic series. Interesting.  I recall back in the late 90's early 2000 when the pointed shoe was in style and all I wanted was MJ's. I had a great Prada MJ but I sold it at a consignment shop because it was one of those shoes with the heel so high you could barely walk in it:) Now, I'm wishing I would have kept it, if only just to stand still.

I have been looking around the internet trying to find a pair of black suede MJ's and I finally succeeded in finding a pair!

Below are some cool MJ's I've found in my search quest...


Love this Marni Shoe!!! I'm quite sure I couldn't do a walking tour in them but they are lovely. I think sometime in the future I'd like a pair of Marni's. This shoe is on pre-order  and purchased for the low sum of $715 here.




Ahh, what a beautiful shoe this is and apatly name "Leila".  Love it!!  The shoe is by Rupert Sanderson and can be purchased here.

For some good priced MJ's, Modcloth had a nice variety.

One of the problem's I was running into when trying to find a pair of Mary Jane's that I wanted was the heel, I was looking for a pair with more of the traditional block heel.  This proved kind of difficult to find since it seems that the current trend is for more thin heels.

And, there is a blog for all you MJ lovers!!  Here

So, which shoes did I end up with you ask?  This lovely pump below.  When they arrive, I will be sure to take a picture.  The brand Pas de Rouge.  They are made in Venice, Italy by hand and have this great "rouge" interior.  There are some great pictures on their website of the process. I can't wait to try them on.  It was a process finding a shoe I really liked so I'm hoping I love this shoe.


4 comments:

  1. The Temperly dress is Ah-mazing and you look wonderful in it. I can not help but oooh and aw. Great investment!

    MJ are my favorite kind of shoe. Classic and for some reason I find that strap across the foot irrestible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome and wonderful. How nice are the shoes! Everyone should prefer. You have a wonderful collection of shoes. This one is too much fashionable and beautiful, never seen before.

    I would like to share an information about fashion. Just click on below.

    boutiqueken

    ReplyDelete